17MS1001 PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT AND EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- To understand and study the Behavioral and Personality Pattern of individual and society To understand the role of National Service Scheme in Community Development.
- To understand the role of Red cross society in service to National at times if crises.
- To understand the role of National Cadet Corps in National Development and Security. To sensitize the students about the importance of Civic sense in National Development.
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- Live as a well-groomed human being with decorum and be a role model in the society.
- Behave as a responsible citizen of the Nation and volunteer self towards national building
- Be patriotic citizen with values of self-discipline and character.
- Impart awareness on the rural development and create a healthy community. Animate an ethical societal life and impart Civic sense to others.
- Exhibit humanity with social cconcern.
Unit 1: Personality Development
Definition – Important of personality – Type of personality – Influencing the society – Behavioral pattern – Perception.
Unit 2: NSS
Orientation to NSS: Genesis – Objectives of NSS – Emblem – Motto – Organization and administration set-up of NSS- Classification of NSS programs - Regular activities, Special Camping Programs.
Unit 3: YRC
Guidelines of YRC – Mission – Fundamental Principles of IRC – Valuing the roll of young people – Organizational structure of IRCS – Formal procedures at IRCS.
Unit 4: NCC
History of National Cadet Corps (NCC) - Logo – Motto –Branches – Training Activities. NCC Activities - Community Service – Benefits of NCC.
Unit 5: Civic sense and Civic Responsibility
Civic Sense – Social ethics – Rule of the road and road sense- public character – civic skills in character building– Civic Responsibilities.
- Personality Development and Communication Skills 1st Edition (English, Paperback, S. S Narula)
- NSS Manual – 2005, Ministry of Youth Affairs, India.
- Guidelines for Junior and Youth Red Cross - Manual – 2012 Indian Red Cross Society
- NCC Manual – 2007, DGNCC, New Delhi – 110 066
- Pedagogy of School Subject Civics Paperback – 2016 by Dr. Rampal Singh (Author)